Paro College of Education
The Paro College of Education or PCE was founded as a Pre-school care Training Centre in the year 1975. It is located in the valley of Paro in western Bhutan, which is about 2,250 metres above sea level. The College is a 10 minutes drive from Paro International Airport and it is an hour drive from the capital city of Thimphu.
Programs of Study in Paro College of Education
At present, the college offers a variety of courses in diploma, degree and post-graduate programs for pre- service and in- service teacher candidates. Following are the programs offered by Paro College:
- Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management with duration of 3 years- Full time
- B.Ed. in Dzongkha with duration of 4 years- Full time
- B.Ed. in Primary Education with duration of 4 years- Full time
- B.Ed. in Secondary Education with duration of 4 years- Full time
- Post graduate Diploma in Education with a duration of 1 year- Full time
- M.Ed. in Education Leadership and Management with a duration of 3 years- Part Time
In addition, the College will also provide with Ph.D. Program in GNH education 2014 onwards.
Research in Paro College of Education
Centre for Educational Research and Development (CERD) is a research centre developed by Paro College of Education in the year 2001. This centre aspires to encourage and support the development of research establish Education programs in Bhutan. In fact, CERD also publishes a journal known as Rabsel with many other papers.
Education Resources in Paro College of Education
Paro College of Education includes all basic amenities and Education resources such as, guest rooms, boarding facilities, cafeteria, IT labs, lecture theater, convenience shops, students support centre, etc.